Crochet starts here

I discovered crochet quite by accident.  One day whilst shopping in a trance of boredom, I decided to buy 100 Snowflakes to Crochet by Caitlin Sainio  Took it home, sat down, followed the instructions.  And so this world started opening.

Some years earlier, my mum had shown me how to do double and treble crochet.  I liked her idea of getting her rug done whilst waiting for dial-up pages to download. "Look how much I've been able to get done!" she proudly says, holding up the huge granny blanket.

My first snowflake astounded me.  It was easy (not without mistakes), satisfying to look at, and finished in one evening's tv sitting.  I was turning and working thread and suddenly I had a snowflake in my lap.

As I made more, I realised the appeal was in the process of work.  I am really not bothered about the box of snowflakes on the shelf, except maybe as a way of explaining what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment